Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana is a unique branch in Ayurveda dealing with preparation of medicines. It deals with identification, purification, incineration & processing of medicines. Along with the knowledge from ancient texts, the branch is updated with modern pharmaceutical techniques to suit the present day needs & trend.
Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana department of Rajeev Institute of Ayurvedic Medical Science is well equipped with all the basic amenities. It consists of,
1) Teaching pharmacy – well designed in a wide area to cater the needs of teaching the essentials of processing and formulation knowledge to students. It has all the basic necessary instruments and devices for the students to learn the basics of preparing medicines.
Various herbal & herbo mineral preparations for hospital in house usage are also manufactured here.
2) Raw drug store – Containing more than 100 raw drugs for preparing medicines.
3) Prepared medicines store – Containing samples of all the prepared medicines kept for display.
4) Rasa & Bhaishajya museum – Has more than 250 raw drugs, minerals & metals with models & charts for the benefit of students.
5) Departmental library - Consists both Ayurvedic and modern books related to pharmaceuticals.
6) Quality control lab - Has necessary instruments & equipments to test the quality of prepared medicines.