Back to Top
- Shalyatantra is one among the Ashtanga Ayurveda.
- Shalyatantra explains and demonstrates surgical knowledge and procedures that were performed and used since thousands of years and are useful even today.
- Shalya refers to foreign body, aiming at the removal of factors responsible for producing pain or misery to the body or mind.
- Sushruta took surgery in medieval India to admirable heights and that era was later regarded ‘The Golden Age of Surgery’ in ancient India.
- The scope of this department has reached into Orthopedics, Surgery and Para-surgical techniques.
- The main focus of the department is to make the students aware of the fundamentals of surgical diseases, various disabilities and deformities, traumas, fractures, congenital and acquired illness etc.
Vision & Mission
- To give knowledge of ancient principles of Shalya Tantra of Ayurveda in regard to surgical and Para-surgical concept of diseases.
- To focus on the approach of students towards the various modern tools and techniques of investigation and latest ultra-modern information regarding the general surgical procedures.